Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Card for Sweet Grayson


This is one of my all time favorites ... I'm so pleased with how this turned out. A sweet little card for a sweet little baby boy on his Baptism day.


I used cardstock from PaperTrey Ink to make the 5.25" square card base. The patterned paper is from Echo Park and is a very pretty, pale seafoam green ... that layer is 5" square. The white layer is 4.75" square and I embossed that with my Cuttlebug and the Polka Dots folder (it's one of the larger 5"x7" folders). I also rubbed a little soft green chalk over the embossing ... it's very subtle, so it's hard to see in the photos. The cross is from the Wedding Solutions Circut cartridge, cut at 4.5". I cut base layer from the patterned paper using the blackout feature. The top layer was cut from a white textured Bazzill paper.

                                      

The little lamb is from the Paper Doll Dress Up Circut cartridge. It was cut three times at 3". The first layer was cut from a medium shade of gray cardstock. The other two layers were cut from white cardstock. For the white layers, I used the hide contour feature on my Gypsy to eliminate the cut for the ear. On one of the white layers, I trimmed off the face, tail and hooves. On the other white layer, I trimmed off everything, leaving just the body. I ran this layer through my Xyron and then covered it with white flocking powder. To finish him, I used a black gel pen to color his eye.


The butterfly is from the Create a Critter Cricut cartridge, cut a .75". I cut two of the base layers from the medium gray cardstock, then one 'layer 1' from a light yellow cardstock. The 'layer 2' was cut from a seafoam green cardstock. Then I cut two more of the 'layer 1s' (one flipped) from the green cardstock ... I adhered the flipped one on the back of the top butterfly and the other one the top of the bottom butterfly. When I put the two butterflies together, I only adhered the bodies. This made a cute little 3D butterfly, and really, it's much easier to make than it sounds!


Now here's a look at the inside ... the sentiment is computer generated. I layered this over more of the patterned paper and added a few self-adhesive pearls. I really enjoyed making this ... hope you like it too!!

Thanks for stopping by ...

12 comments:

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Just lovely, and I think it would make a great Easter card too!

Anonymous said...

Love your card! It's so cute!

Sheena said...

Adorable card..the colors are so soft :)

Ms.Mara said...

I love this card........you are a talented card maker. I flipped through several pages in your blog!

IRW Dana said...

This is a wonderful card. Love the cross and the little lamb. Thanks for sharing.

Cathryn said...

Oh just so beautiful and sweet!!! Thanks for sharing, Cathryn67 :)

Linda said...

I LOVE your card. I gave you The Versatile Blog Awrd You can get it from http://lindascraftcorner.blogspot.com

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

This is lovely in every way! Your design is gorgeous and the sentiment is just perfect. I can see why it is a favorite.

Anonymous said...

I love the card:) So lovely

Mrs. Green said...

I can see why this is one of your favorites - it turned out AWESOME!

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful card. I love the colors and baby soft feel. I wanted to say I really like the colors of your blog too. The heading is really pretty.

Scrapper69 said...

OMGOSH... this turned out adorable! Love everything about it! :o)
Theresa