Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Challenge for My Pink Stamper


Here's a quick card for the Sunday Challenge over at My Pink Stamper. The challenge is to do a layout about your family using flowers or create a "Springy" card. I'm not much of a scrapbooker, so I chose to make a card using some of my brand new glitter paper from My Mind's Eye ... this might be my new favorite paper stack.

I used a pretty mint green card stock to create an A2 size card. Then, using a rectangular Nestibility, I cut an aperture in the patterned paper. To add some dimension, I adhered the patterned paper to the card base with foam tape. The flower was cut at 3.25 from the 'Just Because' Cards Cricut cartridge. I added a little doodling and adhered it to the card base with pop dots.

For the inside, I added more patterned paper and stamped the sentiment using a Penny Black stamp. Quick and easy, and hopefully 'Springy'!!

9 comments:

Banner Market said...

Oh this card is adorable! love the colors and the cardstock you used.
Great job!
Cheers Gina

Anonymous said...

Oh, beautiful, Jo! Simplistic and beautiful! Love the design with the open window. I passed on that cart but now I feel I better go have a second look. That flower is darling!

Carole Beath said...

This card is really cute. It has great design.
I love love that flower.
Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hello.
Carole

Emma said...

Your card is SUPER CUTE!
I wanted to pop in & say hello to my fellow "Pink Designer"!:) I am so looking forward to working with all of our new designers! This is going to be a fun "Pink" journey for all of us! There is absolutely NO reason for you to feel intimidated, I think you are aVERY super Talented lady! Robyn made a GREAT choice!:)
Big Hugs,
Emma:)

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Congrats Jo on being chosen for the DT at My Pink Stamper...your work is beautiful and I look forward to seeing what you create next!!

Hugs,
Terry

Lana Clarke said...

Wow this is so elegant and modern Jo I love it!
Congratulations on your DT news!
Hugs
Lana x

Creative Genealogy Scrapbooking said...

You creations are just awesome! I am happy to be your Pink Designer teammate. You cards are super crazy! I am definitely going to follow your blog to get some inspiration from your work.

Hugs
Rowena
www.cropdivasdestination.com

flowerdisco said...

Hello Jo...I needed to stop by and introduce myself and at the same time Congratulate you on the MPSDT.
Can't wait to have more fun! :)
Hugs to you!

JoAnn said...

First I want to say congrats for being chosen one of the Pink Stampers. I also love you spring card. This is the first time I have saw your blog but I love it and I have become a follower. I know you will be using your cricut some and I love my cricut.