Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Better Late Than Never ...

I am so behind in all my crafting and blogging. For some reason, I thought spring cleaning was more important ... what was I thinking! Anyway, my daughter made these cute little Easter peeps cupcakes for the children in our neighborhood, and I just had to post them. Remember when peeps were only yellow? Now they come in six colors. The orange ones where a little hard for us to find ... at one point, there was a statewide orange peep search!!


These are yellow cupcakes, baked in wrappers that match the color of the peeps. Topped with vanilla frosting, some cupcake glitter, and, of course, the peeps.



Here they are, wrapped in cellophane ... ready for delivery. We added a tag made from the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More Cricut cartridge. The image is a digital from Whimsie Doodles that I colored with Copics. To make them look more 'peep like', I covered them with a layer of Glossy Accents  and glitter. The sentiment is a Penny Black stamp. These were a hit and so much fun to make.


Thanks for stopping by ...

2 comments:

Kris said...

Jo I've never been able to eat these but your cupcakes are so fun to look at. What a great treat. Happy Mother's Day. Hugs...Kris

Anonymous said...

Sooooooo darn cute! What a neat idea! Love all the colors and the tags are just perfect, Jo! Wishing you a wonderful Mother's Day!