Pages

Friday, July 3, 2009

Inspired by the Bitten by the Bug Blog Hop
























Earlier this week, there was a blog hop with the Bitten by the Bug design team. They used the 'freedom' cut from Cricut's Graphically Speaking cartridge. I didn't get mine finished in time for the blog hop, but thought I'd post it anyway. The card base was cut using the Wild Card cartridge at 5 1/4". The cream circle is from George, cut at 4 1/4", and "Freedom" was cut at 3 1/4. The little bear is a colored graphic from Graphic Garden. I covered it with Crystal Accents to give it some dimension. I added a little stitching, some doodling and a ribbon. The flowers are from a sprig of silk flowers I got at a discount store and the leaves are from a Martha Stewart punch. I may have gone a little overboard on the leaves ... I just couldn't seem to stop myself. I've been a slacker this week and haven't left any comments on my favorite blogs, so now I'm off to do a little "blog hopping".Hope you all have a happy and safe holiday weekend.

4 comments:

Regina Easter said...

this is beyond gorgeous...hugs

brenda said...

Hi Jo, thanks for you comments and only too aware how the time flies, I too am well behind on my blogging, was so poorly last week and still trying to cath up.

You've done a really good job on this card and cleverly welded your words together.

I knows it bank holiday in America, so wishing you a great weekend.

B x

Snowmanlover said...

Wow JO,
YOu are soooo good! I wish you could come over and teach me!!
May I scrap lift please? I have to make a card today.
Have a great fourth, Jo!

Sharon Caudle said...

WOW! Yet again, another FABULOUS use of that Wild Card card. This looks fantastic!! You do such awesome work!
hugs!
Sharon