Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

My First Card Using Copic Markers










Wow, this is my first post in almost a week ... seems longer than that! This is a card for a friend who's birthday is July 4th. I wanted to do something other than the traditional red, white and blue, so I chose this cute little bird. It's a freebie, a digital image from Dustin Pike. This is my first serious attempt at using my new Copic markers. (Enfys kindly gave me a few tips on getting started with Copics, thanks Enfys!) I colored his little 'feet' twice, cutting out the second image separately to make it look like he's actually sitting on the branch which was cut using the Cricut Home Decor cartridge at 2 3/4". The gold and brown cardstock are from Papertrey Ink and the green cardstock is a Bazzill Basics. The patterned paper is a digital from Designer Digitals. It's from a set call Summer Safari. I added some flowers and brads, and a couple of rhinestones for a little bling. I've got lots of ideas floating around in my head ... I hope it's not another week before I get back to my cards!!

3 comments:

~ Lorrie ~ said...

He's adorable! Great job with the Copics!

~BridgetL~ said...

Exactly what Lorrie said. You did a great job with the copics and I think he's just the cutest!

Anonymous said...

HOW CUTE!!! Awesome job with the copics, Jo! Love these colors, love those flowers, and ya gotta love that bird!