Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

With My Apologies

I borrowed a cookbook from my neighbor Linda and, instead of returning it promptly, I scooped it up and put it away with my cookbooks and then forgot about it. Well, six (ouch) months later, I find it ... oops! So, in an attempt to get myself out of trouble, I made a Gooey Butter cake and this card for her.

The image is a Mo Manning digital, colored with Copics. The sentiment is computer generated and I used a Martha Stewart punch for some detail.

Well, Linda loved card and the cake was good too, so all is good and I'm forgiven!!


5 comments:

Chrissy C said...

HA HA! That is just the cutest! Perfect image! You can borrow one of my cookbooks for awhile if I can have some of that gooey cake...lol!

Loopylou. said...

lol!!!! but a beautiful card and cake is a fab way to return the book!!!!! xxx

Anonymous said...

Too funny, Jo! That sentiment cracked me up! The coloring is fantastic, as always! I'd love to get my hands on that image, so off I go! Have a beautiful, healthy, happy Thanksgiving!

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

Very cute card! I'm sure your neighbor just loved it!

I see you have seven dogs.... we have seven cats! ;-)

brenda said...

Gooey butter cake sounds rather yummy as is your card. Great present.

B x