Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

For the Dogs

This was entered in the following challenges:

Circut Circle Blog - December Challenge
Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog - #39 Gifts Galore
Frosted Designs - Ribbon
Fussy & Fancy  Friday Challenge - #25 Anything But a Card
Pile it On - #48 It's All in the Wrapping
Really Reasonable Ribbons - #13 Anything But a Card - Winter


Each year, my neighbor Diane hosts a neighborhood Christmas dinner party and I always make a gift to take to her. For this year's gift I decided to make glitter ornaments and a gift box.









Diane has three, much-loved dogs so I thought it would be fun to make the ornaments for the dogs. I used the "floor wax" technique and red Martha Stewart glitter to make the glitter ornaments. If you're not familiar with this technique ... check out this video. Using my Gypsy and Lyrical Letters, I sized and welded the letter of their names and cut them out of white vinyl. For the back of the ornaments, I cut this cute little dog using Paper Pups and the star from the Christmas Solutions cartridge. The dog's eye was too small to cut from the vinyl, so I used a paint pen to add a small dot. Each ornament is topped with a little red and white gingham ribbon from Stampin' Up.                                                     

The gift box is a 6" x 6" paper mache box. I painted it with three coats of Light Buttermilk Americana acrylic paint. I used paper from the DCWV Homemade Christmas stack to cover the sides and top of the box. The red striped ribbon is also from Stampin' Up. I adhered two pieces to both the box bottom and top, making sure they 'lined up' when the top was placed on the box. I added another piece of patterned paper to the inside of the lid to hide the ends of the ribbon. For the bottom of the box, the ribbon ends are hidden by tissue paper. I then tied a big bow on the top of the lid.


The tag and phrase were cut from the Winter Frolic cartridge using more of the DCVW paper and card stock from Stampin' Up. The tag was cut at 2.5" and the phrase was cut at 2". I used pop dots to attach the phrase to the tag and added some bronze pearls.
Here's a look at the complete project. Hope you like it ... thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Snowmanlover said...

Hi Jo! What gorgeous photos!!
I recognize that ribbon!
What gorgeous ornaments. I love the little doggie one!
Have a very Merry Christmas!!
Hugs, Barb!

Anonymous said...

Jo, this is so pretty! Love the deep red glitter ornaments with the white lettering. And such yummy ribbon!

Helen said...

This is just stunning!! Thanks for joining Challenge Me Monday at FCCB :)

Sherri said...

Pretty package.....and fabulous bow!!!

Kate said...

What a fabulous, fabulous gift!! Diane is going to LOVE these! What a great font - and the little pup image looking up to the star is just perfect!! The box itself is gorgeous too!!
Thanks so much for playing along at FCCB this week!

Michelle said...

these are adorable !! LOVE that box and tag too !!
thanks for participating in the challenge at the fccb!
scrappinwithmybug.com

Jean said...

How cute are these!! Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week.

Anonymous said...

This would be a perfect gift for my regular clients! Thenks for the idea!

pawprintspetsits

Bonnie Garby said...

Great Christas ornaments and gift box. Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

BrendaB said...

What a wonderful gift idea! Thanks for joining us at FCCB.

Regina Easter said...

oh my what a fantastic project...hugs

Barb Craft said...

This is a fabulous gift idea! Thanks for the video link! And thank you for taking on the ribbon challenge at Frosted Designs!
Barb :)

Rhonda Emery said...

wonderful gift idea love it

Eagle Craftz said...

I LOVE this project! YOur ribbon is amazing!! Your ornaments are way tooo cute!!! Thank you for playing along with frosted designs! Esther DT

Saints Rule! said...

Very cute! I know she will love the gift and the thoughtfulness behind it!