Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Shaped Cards - TBBM



















Earlier this week, Robyn at My Pink Stamper posted a video showing how to make a really cute shaped card using Tag, Bags, Boxes and More. You can see this video and all her other great videos here.

Basically, using Design Studio or Gypsy, you weld two tags together to create your card base. I increased the width of my tags to make my card a little wider.

My images are from the Preserves cartridge, cut at 3". I really like this cartridge ... there are some awesome images and they layer together very nicely.

The sentiment stamp for the watermelon card is from My Pink Stamper's Everyday Occasions set, and the stamp for the blueberries card is from Papertrey Ink's Mega Mixed Messages set. The papers are all from Stampin' Up.

Cute, quick and easy. Hope you like them.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the tag shapes, Jo! Ya gotta love that weld feature! Great choice of papers and those cuts are really pushing me to order that Preserves cart.

Show Love-Make Cards said...

I love these, the colors and the cuts are beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jennie K. said...

I just watched your slide show. Loved looking at your creations. The tag idea is cute.

My Creative Time said...

Both of your cards came out SOOOOO CUTE!!! I WANT that cart sooo bad! but I opted to get the Create a Critter 1st!
big hugs,
Emma:)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your cards are so darling! I am so impressed that you were able to figure out how to weld them together. I even paused the video from Robyn and still it wouldn't cut. I am sure I am missing something simple. I just love how beautiful your cards are. Makes me want to try again! XOXO, Julie. :0)

brenda said...

Hi Jo

Stunning work, love the minimalistic modern feel.

b x

Edna Marie said...

Jo, These are just to Wonderful, love the background paper the colors and your touch of dots just PERFECT, I just got this carteidge for my Birthday so now I must use it today TFIM.

Anonymous said...

Love the cards. I just ordered the Gypsy and I am going to make one of these cards first. I like the dots you added for detail. Great!

redheadhugs@verizon.net

flowerdisco said...

jo...all i am going to say is awesome tag/cards.

flowerdisco said...

oh... and thanks for all the love :)

Amy Jo said...

Love, love, love these tag cards Jo!!! They are fabulous!!!

Mina said...

wow Jo these are stunning, I love the clean feel of them...I love them
Mina xxx

Simply Pam said...

I love the colors you used on the cards. Especially that blueberry one. So pretty! Great job!

Pam

Chris said...

Love both of these cards. Gave me some great ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Pam AKA: picnic said...

What beautiful cards you make..love them all..TFS

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Jo these tag cards are absoluely gorgeous!I love the cuts from Preserves.... mmm I'll have to take a look at this cart! Thanks for enabling!
Hugs
Juliexx

Ulysses' mama said...

cute, cute, cute! I love the tags idea.
Pauline