Pages

Friday, December 25, 2009

Jessica's Gift Card Holder

My niece Jessica is a wonderful artist ... after graduation next spring, she hopes to attend college to study art. So, of course, I got her a Michael's gift card for Christmas and made this gift card holder for her. I used the elf from Hello Kitty Greetings, cut at 8 inches. I added white velvet flocking and Martha Stewart tinsel glitter to the fur trim and red velvet flocking on her hat and shoes. I used Stickles on the bow in her hair and, just for fun, hot-glued jingle bells to the tips of her shoes. On the back, I cut patterned paper using the blackout feature and adhered it to the main image. Then, using Tag, Bags, Boxes and More, I cut a little envelope for the gift card. I really like this one ... it was such fun to make!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jo, she's so darn cute! Love the flocking and glitter and I love how you added the little pocket to the back. And look, she has bells on her toes! How stinking cute!

Pinklady50 said...

Well, isn't that just the cutest thing ever! LOVE the jingle toes! I bet she loved it too! Thanks for stopping by my blog (and I have been goofing off a little--shhhh).

Live Love and Scrap said...

OMGosh...she is soooo stinkin cute...love the bells on her shoes. I love that envelope on the back!!! This is why I love blogs...I never even realized that was on that cart....cant wait to try one...thanks for the inspiration!!!

Purrbal said...

Fabulous job! LOVE IT!!!